The Barnstaple Alliance has an exciting opportunity for another clinical pharmacist to join our Primary Care Network.
The Alliance of Brannam, Litchdon, Fremington and Queens Medical Centres has a long history of collaborative working. The practices are within close proximity and between them look after 50,000 patients.
You will act as part of a multi-professional NHS team in providing clinical pharmacy services that will protect, maintain and restore the health of patients.
The successful applicant (job share considered) will be supported by our two PCN pharmacists and three pharmacy technicians as well as three practice pharmacists. The nature of the role will evolve over time but will be divided between a patient facing role, which will include care reviews and home visits and medicines optimisation/quality improvement across the network.
You will be a proactive, highly organised, patient focused individual who is keen to learn or already experienced in a general practice setting.
Main duties of the job
The post holder is a pharmacist, who acts within their professional boundaries, supporting and working alongside a team of pharmacists in general practice. In this role they will be supported by a senior clinical pharmacist who will develop, manage and mentor them.
The post holder will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a patient-facing role. The post holder will take responsibility for areas of chronic disease management within the practice and undertake clinical medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex polypharmacy.
The post holder will provide primary support to general practice staff with regards to prescription and medication queries. They will help support the repeat prescription system, deal with acute prescription requests, and medicines reconciliation on transfer of care and systems for safer prescribing, providing expertise in clinical medicines advice while addressing both public and social care needs of patient in the GP practice (s).
Please see attached job description. If you wish to discuss this role further please contact Dee Brown, Practice Manager at Brannam Medical Centre on 01271 314210 email@example.com or Rachel Nestel, Clinical Pharmacist lead firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Pharmacist Job Description
To apply for this vacancy please visit NHS Jobs
Closing Date: 23rd August 2021
Apprentice Data Administrator
Duties will include data entry on to patients’ records, recalling patients for routine vaccinations and monitoring of long-term conditions, summarising medical records, and completing Intelligent General Practice and subject access reports. You will also be expected to contact patients to book appointments and process information accordingly.
The tasks may include
- Coding cervical smear and retinal screening results on to the clinical system
- Entering data on to the retinal screening portal
- Recalling patients for diabetic screening as per clinical data entries
- Inviting patients to attend for vaccinations via bulk messaging software, telephone, and by letter.
- Booking appointments for vaccination clinics
- Completing “smoking cessation” reports for Public Health.
- Calling and recalling patients for NHS Health checks in conjunction with the data team
- Summarising medical records for newly registered patients
- Using specialist software to complete medical insurance reports and subject access request reports.
- Working with nursing and prescribing leads to organise routine visits for housebound patients; informing patients/carers; data entry on completion of visits.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, manage time and workload, attention to detail
* GCSE English Language and Maths at B grade or equivalent,
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
* Reliable, motivated, ability to work within a team, good interpersonal skills. Ability to use initiative and judgement, flexible and co-operative, interest in health and medical terminology
To apply please visit uk.indeed.com
If you wish to discuss this role further please contact Dee Brown, Practice Manager at Brannam Medical Centre on 01271 314210 email@example.com or Susie Wheaton, Assistant Practice Manager on 01271 314251 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 9th August 2021